We do this by purchasing existing homes in Oakland and Macomb counties, rehabilitating the homes and marketing them to homebuyers.
If you are looking for the initial eligibility screening, it can be found here.
Our next round of homes are in Pontiac, Michigan. Venture Inc and Community Housing Network are partnering with Oakland County’s Community & Home Improvement Division in their Oakland County HOME Program. This program is federally funded and is designed exclusively to create affordable housing for low to moderate income households. The homes offered by Venture Inc in this round will all be new-build homes. All three of the available homes are approximately 1,200 sq. ft., with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, and a 2 car garage. Ample storage is available throughout the home, and kitchen appliances are included. In addition, approved clients may receive an Oakland County homebuyer subsidy up to $25,000 for first-time homebuyers to help lower their monthly mortgage payment.
Listings will be going up soon. To review information on the individual houses, please click the links below.
Program benefits and description:
- Homes are 100% move-in ready, up-to-date, and energy efficient
- Purchase price of home is the appraised value.
- If approved, each homebuyer receives homebuyer assistance based on their personal financial situation.
- Homebuyer assistance makes the home more affordable by reducing the mortgage and/or closing costs.
- Homebuyer assistance is a zero-interest, zero-payment second mortgage* with the county, that is not due until the home is sold or ceases to be the owner’s primary residence.
- Homebuyers should have the recommend minimum of 1% of the home’s purchase price available in personal funds at time of closing.
- We coordinate the closing with the lender and title agency.