We do this by purchasing existing homes in Oakland and Macomb counties, rehabilitating the homes and marketing them to homebuyers.
Specifics on available homes can be found here.
Program benefits and description:
- Homes are 100% move-in ready, up-to-date, and energy efficient
- Purchase price of home is the appraised value.
- If approved, each homebuyer receives homebuyer assistance based on their personal financial situation.
- Homebuyer assistance makes the home more affordable by reducing the mortgage and/or closing costs.
- Homebuyer assistance is a zero-interest, zero-payment second mortgage* with the county, that is not due until the home is sold or ceases to be the owner’s primary residence.
- Homebuyers should have the recommend minimum of 1% of the home’s purchase price available in personal funds at time of closing.
- We coordinate the closing with the lender and title agency.