We do this by purchasing existing homes in Oakland and Macomb counties, rehabilitating the homes and marketing them to homebuyers.
Homes will be available in the spring of 2017. Specifics on the homes can be found on this page once homes are available.
Program benefits and description:
- Homes are 100% move-in ready, up-to-date, and energy efficient
- Purchase price of home is the appraised value.
- If approved, each homebuyer receives homebuyer assistance, based on their personal financial situation.
- Homebuyer assistance will make the home more affordable by reducing the mortgage and/or closing costs.
- Homebuyer assistance is a zero-interest, zero-payment second mortgage* with the county, that is not due until the home is sold or ceases to be the owner’s primary residence.
- Homebuyers should have the recommend minimum of 1% of the home’s purchase price available in personal funds at time of closing.
- We coordinate the closing for you with the lender and title agency.