Another way to get involved in Adopt A Family is to organize a collection drive with your business or community group for cleaning supplies and personal care items. You can make a difference by providing these basic necessities which we distribute during our Adopt A Family program and to those in need throughout the year.
Step 1: Sign up
Simply let us know that you are interested in donating items by filling out the interest form below, and we’ll be in touch with you. You can sign up as an individual or a group to collect items from this basic necessities list.
Step 2: Shop for basic necessities
- Shop anywhere you’d like – use your coupon-cutting skills!
- All items must be new purchases
Step 3: Deliver basic necessities to CHN
Necessities can be dropped off at our distribution centers no later than Monday, December 4, 2017.
For recipients in Oakland and Macomb counties:
- Community Housing Network Troy distribution center (same building as our Troy office, but a different suite)
- 570 Kirts Blvd., Ste. 221, Troy, MI 48084 (map)
- Open 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. on weekdays beginning Monday, November 27 through December 4, 2017. If you need to drop off gifts at a time other than that, please contact us to make arrangements.
- Please park in the rear of the building to easily reach the distribution center
For recipients in Wayne county:
- Community Housing Network Wayne office
- 35425 W. Michigan Ave., Ste. 3649, Wayne, MI 48184 (map)
- Open 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays through December 4, 2017
Make a cash donation to Adopt A Family
If you don’t have time to shop, you can still support Adopt A Family. Cash donations are accepted throughout the year and are used to shop for families and individuals who aren’t adopted and to help support some of the minimal costs of operating the program.