Another way to get involved in Adopt A Family is to organize a collection drive with your business or community group for cleaning supplies and personal care items. You can make a difference by providing these basic necessities which we distribute during our Adopt A Family program and to individuals and families new to our housing programs throughout the year.
Step 1: Sign up
Simply let us know that you are interested in donating items by filling out the interest form here, and we’ll be in touch with you. You can sign up as an individual or a group to collect items from this basic necessities list.
Step 2: Shop for basic necessities
- Shop anywhere you’d like – use your coupon-cutting skills!
- All items must be new purchases
Step 3: Deliver basic necessities to CHN
- Necessities must be dropped off to our Troy distribution center by Monday, December 3, 2018, 6 p.m.
- Community Housing Network distribution center: 570 Kirts Blvd., Ste. 221, Troy, MI 48084 (map). This is the same building as our Troy office, but a different suite.
- Thursday, November 29 and Friday, November 30: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Monday, December 3: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Please park in the rear of the building to easily reach the distribution center
Make a cash donation to Adopt A Family
If you don’t have time to shop, you can still support Adopt A Family. Cash donations are accepted throughout the year and are used to shop for families and individuals who aren’t adopted and to help support some of the minimal costs of operating the program.