The State of Michigan’s COVID Emergency Rental Assistance Program (“the Program”) is designed to keep Michigan residents who fell behind on their rent and utilities during the COVID-19 pandemic in their homes. The program utilizes a collaborative community process to expedite rental and utility assistance to
COVID-19 affected tenants and their landlords.
CHN will work with tenants and landlords to provide rental, utility and internet assistance for eligible renter households. Legal services for renters will be provided by local legal aid organizations funded by grants made through the Michigan State Bar Foundation.
1-888-441-1742 is the county wide phone hotline number that any tenant of landlord can use.
Apply for CERA!
Click here here for more information.
Click here for more resources.
Click here to learn more.
You can also check out the MSHDA CERA website for information.
Information can be found on CHN COVID-19 Press Release.
- Eviction Resources
- Extension of Eviction & Foreclosure Moratoriums
- CDC Eviction Moratorium Declaration Form (English)
- CDC Eviction Moratorium Declaration Form (Spanish)
- Oakland County Rent, Mortgage & Utility Flyer
- Oakland County Rent, Mortgage & Utility Application
- Phone Wireless Home MI Lifeline Providers
Fair Housing Renters
- Fair Housing for Renters (English) (Fair Housing Center of SE & Mid Michigan)
- Fair Housing for Renters (Spanish) (Fair Housing Center of SE & Mid Michigan)
- Fair Housing for Renters (Chinese) (Fair Housing Center of SE & Mid Michigan)
- Fair Housing – Know Your Rights (Fair Housing Center of SE & Mid Michigan)
- HUD LGBT Rule Fact Sheet (Fair Housing Center of SE & Mid Michigan)
COVID-19 Informational Resources
- Center of Disease Control
- World Health Organization
- State of Michigan
- Consumers Financial Protection Bureau
Financial, IRS Resource Information
Homeless Shelter Resources
- The Mighty: Anyone Struggling with the COVID-19 Crisis
- Managing COVID-19 Anxiety
- Six Strategies to Improving Emotional Health
- Stress and Coping Tips
- Resources for Sexual Assault Survivors Continue During COVID-19
- Mental Health and Substance Use
- Coping with Stress and Anxiety
- Resources for Stress Relief Techniques
- Educational Resources for Students
- Chatter Pak
- Adventure Family Field Trips
- PBS Parents
- Parent Tool Kit
- Education Worksheets
Pet Assistance Resources