COVID-19 Update: Our Commitment to Safety
As a result of the recent announcement of new coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in Michigan, CHN is in the process of amending service delivery practices to ensure the health and safety of the participants in our programs without the interruption of services. Mitigation strategies identified by the governor and the CDC continue to guide our efforts and as a result CHN has taken small, but important (temporary) preventative steps to reduce the possibility COVID-19 exposure. Nothing is more important than the health and safety of those we serve and our staff.
It is important for us to stress that while we are amending our service delivery practices, CHN will remain open for business. Staff will have access to emails, phones and in some cases will meet via video-conferencing. Also, our Housing Resource Center will remain open to answer housing emergency questions.
Lastly, leadership staff will continue to monitor these practices on a weekly basis based on the feedback from local, state and federal health experts.
Information can be found on CHN COVID-19 Press Release.
Looking to CHN combat COVID-19, click here.
Looking for Eviction Resources during COVID-19, click here.
CHN In The News
- Metro Times – Housing Advocates
- PNS – Housing Advocates
- Patch – Community Housing Network United Way Grant
- Food for Children and Teens
- Food Emergency Oakland, Macomb and Wayne County
- Macomb Food Program – Emergency Food Assistance Pantry Network
- Senior Meals
- Food Benefits to DHHS Recipients in Response
COVID-19 Informational Resources
- Center of Disease Control
- World Health Organization
- State of Michigan
- Consumers Financial Protection Bureau
- Educational Resources for Students
- Chatter Pak
- Adventure Family Field Trips
- PBS Parents
- Parent Tool Kit
- Education Worksheets
Financial, IRS Resource Information
- Stimulus Check Information
- COVID-19 Economic Impact
- Rent Right Free Webinar
- Benefits for Unemployment Information
- Informational Booklet, Assistance Application and Program Supplements (English)
- Informational Booklet, Assistance Application and Program Supplements (Spanish)
- Informational Booklet, Assistance Application and Program Supplements (Arabic)
- Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer Program
- The Mighty: Anyone Struggling with the COVID-19 Crisis
- Managing COVID-19 Anxiety
- Six Strategies to Improving Emotional Health
- Stress and Coping Tips
- Resources for Sexual Assault Survivors Continue During COVID-19
- Mental Health and Substance Use
- Coping with Stress and Anxiety
- Resources for Stress Relief Techniques
- Homeless Shelters and Services
- Utility Resources
Pet Assistance Resources