Join Our Team
Community Housing Network (CHN) is a nonprofit organization committed to providing homes for people in need through proven strategies of homeless prevention, housing assistance, affordable housing development, community education, advocacy, and referrals. Since 2001, Community Housing Network has served as the leading housing resource nonprofit organization in southeast Michigan and serves thousands of families and individuals annually who are facing homelessness, people with disabilities, low-income households, and other vulnerable Michigan residents.
Community Housing Network is Opening Doors and Transforming Lives through a work environment dedicated to empowering a work/life balance success through our Core Values: Inclusion, Integrity, Innovation and Passion.
Community Housing Network is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness which includes:
- Creating a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace to provide better services for participants and staff.
- Utilizing a trauma informed approach to build rapport with vulnerable populations.
- Making available educational resources related to diversity, equity, and inclusion, all the while providing a platform for conversation.
Community Housing Network provides excellent employment opportunities with competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package. We offer eligible staff robust benefits, including:
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending
- 401(k) Retirement Plan, Including Employer Match
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Products: Aflac, Short Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance
- Generous Vacation and Sick Time
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance and Financial Wellness Plans
Community Housing Network is an equal-opportunity employer recognized by the Detroit Free Press as a Top 100 Workplace and honored as a Crain’s Cool Place to Work.
- Full-Time Supportive Services Coordinator
- Outreach Specialist AmeriCorps Member
- Property Manager
- Springhill Executive Director
- Director of People and Culture
Internship and Service Opportunities
Interns are a valuable part of Community Housing Network’s mission, and are able to gain a wide variety of experiences as part of their work. Community Housing Network is committed to the education of each Intern. Interns are also encouraged to put forth their own ideas to further the impact of Community Housing Network in the community.
We are able to offer a variety of internships throughout the fall, winter and summer terms that meet various program requirements. If you do not see a specific internship listed below, please contact Patricia Lee at email@example.com for more information. Your inquiry should include your area of study.
If you are a social work student, specifically looking for an internship, please contact Deirdre Mercer at firstname.lastname@example.org.